Source: Family Records or genealogies of the first settlers of Passaic Valley and Vicinity above Chatham, with their ancestors and descendants, as far as could be ascertained in 1851. By John Littell, 1851.
BENJAMIN PARKER lived on the north side of Long Hill, about a mile west of the Washington School-house. He married Lydia Osborn. He died 7th April, 1794, aged 60 years. She died 3d November, 1822, aged 85 years. They had children: (2d Gen.)
1. Stephen, born 29th May, 1759, and died 27th March, 1787, unmarried.
2. Abraham, born 16th Jan. 1762, and died at middle age, unmarried.
3. Calvin, born 13th Feb. 1768, married, 11th June, 1788, Sarah Badgley, daughter of Moses Badgley, and had a son, Moses Badgley Parker, who died a young man unmarried. Calvin's wife died 6th December, 1796, aged 27 years, and he married Rhoda Mascho, daughter of John Mascho.
4. Betsey, born 8th Feb. 1770, and married, 12th Nov. 1796, Moses Headley; he died, and she married Jacob Lacy, son of David Lacy. He died about 1844, nearly 100 years old, and she still lives (1850) a widow, where her father did.
CALVIN PARKER and Rhoda Mascho had children: (3d Gen.)
1. Archibald, who died a young man, unmarried.
2. Jane, who married Maxwell Badgley, son of Samuel Badgley. [See Badgley.]
3. Sally, who married John Hampson, grandson of John Smith Shotwell. [See Shotwell.]
4. Betsey married William Lariew, of Sussex, and lives there.
5. Benjamin married Phebe Bedford, daughter of John S. Bedford. 6. Nancy married _____ . 7. Hetty, who died young.
This page was last modified on: 01 January, 2014
Copyright ©1999-2014 by Brianne Kelly-Bly, all rights reserved.