Source: Family Records or genealogies of the first settlers of Passaic Valley and Vicinity above Chatham, with their ancestors and descendants, as far as could be ascertained in 1851. By John Littell, 1851.
WILLIAM PARROT lived where Ezra Wilcox now does, and owned 200 acres of land, including that now owned by Ezra Wilcox, Abraham Valentine and David A. French, extending from the River to the Stony Hill Road. It was divided between his sons William and Thomas. He married the widow of Daniel Clark, and had children: (1st Gen.)
1. William, Jun. who married Catherine Williams, daughter of John Williams, of Northfield, in Livingston Township, and sister of Zopher Williams.
2. Thomas, who married, 20th December 1786, Rosannah Rutan, daughter of Abraham Rutan; she died, and he married, 2d. September 9th, 1824, Abigail Meeker, daughter of Isaiah Meeker. He lived on Long Hill, and was a Justice of the Peace of Morris county. He died 21st September, 1840. His 2d wife died 1st July, 1846, aged 79 years.
3. Samuel, who married, 18th August, 1783, Polly Thompson, daughter of Thomas, of Long Hill. He with his family, removed to the Lakes, New York.
WILLIAM PARROT, Jun. (son of William,) and Catherine Williams, lived where his father did, and had children: (2d Gen. 3d Gen.)
1. Abraham, who married Mary Frazee, daughter of Abraham Frazee, and lived in New York.
2. Betsey, who married, 1st January, 1816, Mahlon Smalley, son of David Smalley, Esq. [See Smalley.]
3. Abigail married, first, Samuel C. Parsons, son of Jonathan Parsons, and had a son John Parsons. Mr. Parsons died, and she married, second, Israel Stevens, son of John, and had a daughter, Angeline Stevens. They live in New York.
4. Squier, born 27th April, 1790, and married, 3d December, 1816, Martha Townley, daughter of David, son of George Townley.
5. Polly married, 5th April, 1817, William Williamson, of Westfield, and had children: (4th Gen.)
1. James Williamson, who married Margaret Anne Lyon, daughter of William Lyon, of Lyons' Farms, and had children; 1. Amanda Jenette Wiliiamson;
2. Sally Anne Williamson;
3. Amelia Williamson.
2. Sally Anne Williamson, who married Isaac Cole, son of Freeman Cole, Esq. of Plainfield, and had children: 1. Hannah Eliza Cole; 2. Mary Cole, 3. Freeman Cole.
NOTE.--Freeman, Esq. only son of Joseph Cole, [see Cole,] and Hannah Drake had children:
1. Mary who died at 16 years.
2. Joseph who died at 13 years.
3. William D. who married Catherine Smalley, daughter of Mahlon. [See Mahlon Smalley.]
4. Betsey married Moses Hetfield French, son of Willis. [See Willis French.]
5. Isaac married Sally Anne Williamson, daughter of William Williamson and Polly Parrot. [See Polly, daughter of William Parrot, Jun.]
6. Elias, who died a young man.
ABRAHAM PARROT (son of William Parrot, Jun.) and Mary Frazee, lived in New York, and had but one child, Emeline, who married, first, Frederick Manchester, second, Samuel Miller. By her first husband she had children: (4th Gen.)
1. Mary Anne Manchester; 2. Henrietta Manchester; 3. Sarah Manchester.
And by Samuel Miller she had children: 4. Abraham Miller; 5. Emeline Miller; 6. Catherine Miller; 7. Elizabeth Miller.
SQUIER PARROT (son of William Parrot Jun.) and Martha Townley, had children; (3d Gen.)
1. Mary, who died at 13 years of age.
2. Elizabeth married Vincent Frazee, son of James Frazee, of Scotch Plains, and had children: 1. William Frazee; 2. Rosetta Frazee; 3. Isabel Frazee; 4. Mary Ellen Frazee;
3. Abraham who married Sarah Anne Burrows daughter of Rev. Waters Burrows, and had children: 1. George; 2. Mary Francis.
4. Caroline married, 17th November, 1847 Daniel W. Day, son of Capt. Stephen Day. [See Day.]
6. Abigail married, 31st December, 1849, Alexander Cooper, son of Peter. [See Cooper.]
7. William, who died young; 8. Catherine; 9. George Townley; 10. Mary 2d; 11. Martha.
THOMAS PARROT, Esq. (son of William,) and Rosannah Rutan, had children: (2d Gen.)
1. William, who married Betsey Hand, daughter of Benjamin, went to Ohio, and had children: (4th Gen.)
2. Anna, who married Isaac Crane, son of Norris, as his 2d wife. [See Norris Crane.]
3. Peter, who married Sally Crane, daughter of Norris, and had children:
4. Polly married Isaac Crane, son of Norris, as his first wife. [See Crane.]
5. Joseph, born 23d March, 1800, married, 30th August, 1820, Martha Cory, daughter of Daniel Cory, Jun. son of Elder Daniel Cory, of Long Hill. and had a daughter. Phebe M. who married, 15th Feb. 1838, Augustine Trowbridge, and had two daughters; and she died. Martha Cory, wife of Joseph Parrot, died, and he married, second, May 27th, 1824, Abigail Jones, born 26th January, 1804, daughter of Luther Jones, and had children: 2. Erastus; 3. Thomas; 4. Elizabeth, born 10th April, 1828.
SAMUEL PARROT (son of William) and Polly Thompson had children: (3d Gen.)
1. Abigail, who married Daniel Hand, son of Benjamin Hand He died without children, and she married William Reynalds, of Livingston, and had a son, Parrot Reynalds, who married Joanna Vashti Budd, daughter of Dr. John C. Budd, and died without children.
2. Thompson. 3. Johannah. 4. Mary, who died young.
6. Cornelia, who married Sears Smalley, son of Abner Smalley.
7. Samuel, Jun. 8. Nancy.
This page was last modified on: 01 January, 2014
Copyright ©1999-2014 by Brianne Kelly-Bly, all rights reserved.