Source: Family Records or genealogies of the first settlers of Passaic Valley and Vicinity above Chatham, with their ancestors and descendants, as far as could be ascertained in 1851. By John Littell, 1851.
ABRAHAM PRICE married Mary Anne Miller, daughter of Matthias Miller, of Elizabethtown, and removed to the farm on Stony Hill, lately owned by Levi Willcox, deceased, and had sons. Matthias. David, Abraham, and Benjamin, who all removed to the western country; they had daughters:
5. Rachel, born 14th July, 1774, and married George Cory, son of Ebenezer Cory. [See Cory.]
6. Sarah, who married, 11th Jan. 1785, John Hand, of Long Hill, brother of Benjamin, and went to Ohio.
7. Phebe, who married Nathan Wilkison, 30th Sept. 1795. They had children:
8. Abigail, who married John Atkins, and lived in New York. He died of cholera, 28th July, 1832, aged 53 years.
Mr. Abraham Price, died 27th Sept. 1784, and his widow, Mary Anne, married John Stevens, half brother of Jonathan Stevens, but had no other children.
RICE PRICE was son of Samuel Price, of Warren Co. He married Phebe Clark, daughter of Jacob Clark, on the first mountain; lived about Stony Hill, and had children: (2d Gen.)
1. Jonas, who married Jane Raddin, daughter of Jeremy, and died at 24 years. [See Raddin.]
2. Samuel married Anne Corwin, daughter of Stephen. [See Corwin.]
3. Jacob married Jemima Badgley, daughter of Anthony Badgley, Jun.
4. Phinehas married Susan Evans; became a Methodist Preacher, and went to Delaware county, Pennsylvania.
5. Rhoda married John W. Foster, of Westfield, as his 2d wife, and had children: (2d, 3d Gen.)
6. Mary married Abraham Kent, in May, 1790, and lives where Isaiah Meeker formerly lived.
7. William married Sally Badgley, daughter of Samuel Badgley, and removed to Chemung county, New York.
8. Hannah married Jeremiah Totten, son of Jonathan. [See Totten.]
MARY PRICE, (6th child of Rice Price,) and Abraham Kent, had children: (3d Gen.)
1. Jane Kent who died at 3 1/2 months.
2. Samuel Kent, who married, 12th September, 1838, Margaret Osborn, daughter of John, and had children: (4th Gen.)
WILLIAM PRICE, (son of Rice Price,) and Sally Badgley, had children. (2d, 3d Gen.)
1. Jacob, who married Eliza _____ .
2. William Henry married Hetty Brown, daughter of William, son of John Brown.
3. Samuel married _____ _____ .
4. Phebe Anne, who died at 14 years.
5. George; 6. Davison Day; 7. Jesse.
8. Sarah Jane, who died at 4 years.
9. Martin Hulbert.
This page was last modified on: 01 January, 2013
Copyright ©1999-2013 by Brianne Kelly-Bly, all rights reserved.