Source: Family Records or genealogies of the first settlers of Passaic Valley and Vicinity above Chatham, with their ancestors and descendants, as far as could be ascertained in 1851. By John Littell, 1851.
ANDREW PRIOR lived where Elias Osborn now lives. He had children, by his 1st wife Polly _____ : (3d Gen.)
2. Sarah, who married, 12th July, 1770, John Winans.
3. John married, 10th May, 1775, Elizabeth Maxwell, daughter of William Maxwell.
4. Betsey married William Maxwell, Jun, brother of John Prior's wife.
5. Jane, who died young.
By his 2d wife, Lydia Littell, daughter of David Littell, he had children:
6. Andrew, Jun., who went to Ohio with his step-father, David Flinn. [See Flinn.]
7. Moses, who also went to Ohio, and was killed by the Indians, in 1794.
Mr. Prior died 5th February, 1768, and his widow Lydia married, 14th May, 1769, David Flinn, and had children:
ANDREW PRIOR, Jun., married, 1st, Polly Marsh, and had by her 9, and by his 2d wife, 3 children: (3d Gen.)
1. Nancy, who married Samuel Littell, son of _____ , of Cincinnati, and had children: 1. Moses Littell; 2. William Littell; 3. James Littell.
2. Lydia married James Centre; had a child Nancy, who died at 9 years.
3. Sally married William Wilson; had 4 children.
4. Huldah married Edward Price; live in Indiana; had children: 1. William; 2. Hester Anne.
5. Phebe married, 1st, William Bowman; 2. Henry Myers.
6. Charlotte married _____ _____ .
7. Mary Anne.
8. Moses married Sarah Ferguson, a niece of Charles Buxton's wife.
9. Aaron married Abigail Clark, daughter of Joseph. And by his 2d wife Polly, Andrew Prior, Jun., had
10. William; 11. John; 12. _____ .
This page was last modified on: 01 January, 2013
Copyright ©1999-2013 by Brianne Kelly-Bly, all rights reserved.