Source: Family Records or genealogies of the first settlers of Passaic Valley and Vicinity above Chatham, with their ancestors and descendants, as far as could be ascertained in 1851. By John Littell, 1851.
WILLIAM ROBISON married Betsey Robison, 2d Dec. 1772. They lived on Stony Hill, where Andrew Hyslop now lives. They had children: (2d Gen.)
1. David, who married 24th Dec. 1795, Agnes Vance, daughter of Kennedy, of Long Hill.
2. Phebe married 5th November, 1794, Henry Mooney, live in Morris county.
3. John married Lydia Wilson, of Maryland, was a methodist preacher of some celebrity.
4. William married Nancy Roll, daughter of John, son of Isaac, of Springfield.
REV. JOHN ROBISON, and Lydia Wilson, had children: (3d Gen.)
1. William, who married Anne Mariah Lafoucherie, and had children: 1. John Lafoucherie; 2. James Edwards; 3. Susan.
2. Elizabeth married Alexander Gilmore, a methodist preacher; (preaching in 1850, in Springfield.)
3. Catherine is unmarried, she lives in Springfield.
WILLIAM ROBISON, (son of William,) and Nancy Roll, had children:
1. John, who went away, the family knows not where.
2. Wesley, who became a methodist preacher, and married Margaret Worth, of Rahway.
3. Caroline married, 1st, Oliver Rowland; 2d, William Mawby, and had children: 1. Victoria Mawby; 2. William Mawby: 3. Frederick Mawby.
4. James, who is crazed.
5. Isaac. who died at about 18 years, unmarried.
William Robison, Sen., died 6th August, 1815, aged 71 years. His wife Betsey died 11th October, 1799, aged 47 years.
This page was last modified on: 01 January, 2014
Copyright ©1999-2014 by Brianne Kelly-Bly, all rights reserved.