Source: Family Records or genealogies of the first settlers of Passaic Valley and Vicinity above Chatham, with their ancestors and descendants, as far as could be ascertained in 1851. By John Littell, 1851.
JABESH SHIPMAN married Agnes Rogers, lived and owned the farm next west of Thomas Squier's, now occupied mostly by Jacob Grisinger and Thomas Conn. They had children: (2d Gen.)
1. Abigail, who married, 17th September, 1772, John Shadwell, and went to Kentucky.
2. Jemima married, 7th November, 1773, Nathaniel Roff, and went to Kentucky. [See Roff.]
3. David married Betsey Tingley. He died 12th October, 1787.
4. John married, 15th May, 1792, Betsey Stevens, daughter of Jonathan Stevens, Sen.
5. Jabesh, Jun. married the widow Phebe Bryant; she died 16th November, 1792.
6. Sarah married, 14th November, 1785, Jasper Dove, who died 18th October, 1789, and left one son, Jasper Dove, Jun. who died about 1818, unmarried.
7. Esther married, 16th February, 1793, John Frazee.
8. Phebe, who died 16th March, 1784, unmarried.
9. Leonard, who died 4th January, 1793.
JOHN SHIPMAN and Betsey Stevens, had children: (2d Gen.)
1. David, who married Nancy, the widow of Caleb Putney, and died without children.
2. Abigail married, 14th June, 1817, Isaac Doty, son of Henry, of Washington Valley.
3. Anne married Nathan Smalley, son of Isaac. [See Smalley.]
ABIGAIL SHIPMAN, (daughter of John,) and Isaac Doty, had children: (3d Gen.)
1. Henry Doty.
2. Phebe Anne Doty, who married John Drake, son of Elkanah, and had children: 1. Horace Jones Drake; 2. Emily Drake.
3. John Shipman Doty, who married Bridgetta Kaverson, daughter of Michael, and had children: 1. Nelson Doty: 2. Eugene Doty.
4. Marquis Doty, who married Henrietta Williamson.
5. Elizabeth Doty.
This page was last modified on: 01 January, 2013
Copyright ©1999-2013 by Brianne Kelly-Bly, all rights reserved.