Source: Family Records or genealogies of the first settlers of Passaic Valley and Vicinity above Chatham, with their ancestors and descendants, as far as could be ascertained in 1851. By John Littell, 1851.
OLIVER STELLE was son of Isaac Stelle, of Piscataway, Middlesex county. He was born 1st August 1756, and married 21st January, 1778, Mary Ryno, and remeved to Bernard's Township, Somerset county, in April, 1794. They had children: (3d Gen.)
1. Christidna, who is unmarried.
2. Ephraim, who married Anna Manning, daughter of Isaac.
3. Isaac married Rachel Clawson, daughter of Cornelius.
4. Harriet married Peter Randolph, son of Gilbert. [See Randolph]
5. Ruth married John Worth; have no children.
6. Sarah marriel Isaac Randolph, brother of Peter. [See Randolph]
7. John married Anne Kirkpatrick, daughter of Alexander; he went on a visit to his son Jacob, in Illinois, and died there 24th April, 1850, with three days illness.
8. Anne who died in youth.
9. Mary, who died a young woman
10. Clarkson married Lucinda Terril, daughter of Thomas, Esq. He died 13th July, 1850, suddenly without sickness.
11. Rachel, who died a young woman.
EPHRAIM STELLE and Anna Manning, had children: (3d Gen.)
1. Elizabeth, who married Drake Terril, son of Thomas, Esq. [See Terril]
2. Sally married. 28th December, 1849, William Coddington, Esq of Bound Brook.
3. Margaret married Charles Smalley, son of Andrew, Esq lives on Mine Brook, and had children:
4. Isaac, who died at 4 years old; 5 Mary.
6. Jane married David Tingley, son of Ebenezer, and lives in Newark; 7. Oliver.
ISAAC STELLE and Rachel Clawson, had children:
1. Mary, who married Madison Terril, son of Thomas, Esq. [See Terril.] 2, Clarissy.
JOHN STELLE and Anne Kirkpatrick, had children:
1. Jeptha, who married Sarah Mandell, and lives in Brooklyn, New York.
2. Jacob married Jane Compton, daughter of Moore Compton, and went to Illinois.
3. Freeman married Martha Runyon, daughter of David R.
4. Lewis, who died young; 5. Provy.
CLARKSON STELLE and Lucinda Terrel, had children:
1. Rachel, who married Isaac Runyon, son of David R.
2. Mary Anne; 3. Mercy; 4. Lewis; 5. Thomas Terril. 6. Adeline.
This page was last modified on: 01 January, 2013
Copyright ©1999-2013 by Brianne Kelly-Bly, all rights reserved.