Source: Family Records or genealogies of the first settlers of Passaic Valley and Vicinity above Chatham, with their ancestors and descendants, as far as could be ascertained in 1851. By John Littell, 1851.
JONATHAN STEVENS lived near where Samuel Squier now lives; he had children: (2d Gen.)
1. John. who married Phebe Potter, daughter of Daniel, and sister of Amos Potter, Esq.
2. Sarah married Caleb Mulford, son of Job. [See Job Mulford.]
3. Betsey married John Shipman, son of Jabesh. [See Shipman.]
4. Jane, who died an old woman, unmarried.
5. Christopher married Rachel Dunham, daughter of John Dunham, Jun.
6. Jonathan married, 6th November, 1788, Keziah Jennings, daughter of Jacob, and had no children.
7. James married Rhoda Gaithwaite. of Connecticut Farms. She died 28th July, 1850, at Union Village, over 80 years of age.
8. William married Phebe Roff, daughter of Nathaniel Roff, and went to Ohio.
9. Jacob married Betsey Miller, daughter of Ephraim Miller. [See Miller.]
10. Frazee married Charlotte Headley, of Connecticut Farms.
JOHN STEVENS, (1st son of Jonathan,) and Phebe Potter had children: (3d Gen.) (4th Gen.)
1. Philemon, who died young.
2. Israel, who married 3d December, 1816, Abby Littell, daughter of Ebenezer; lived in New York, and had children:
His wife Abby then died, and he married Abigail, the widow of Samuel C Parsons, and daughter of William Parrot, Jun. and had a daughter, 5. Angeline.
3. Gershom Manning, who died a young man.
4. Sarah, who died a young woman.
5. Amos, who married, 22d January, 1820, Rachel Totten, daughter of David, and had children: 1. Miller; 2. Elizabeth.
CHRISTOPHER STEVENS, (5th child of Jonathan,) and Rachel Dunham had children: (3d Gen.)
1. Mulford Cory, who married Mary Willet, daughter of Thomas, and had children: 1. Aura Bennet; 2. Sarah; 3. Eugene; 4 Rachel; 5. Gennet; 6. Linus; 7. Thomas, and then removed to Ohio.
2. Linus High married Ruth Crane, daughter of Joseph, son of Joseph, and had children: 1. Hannah Jane; 2. Phebe Anne: 3. Joseph Crane, and then removed to Bloomfield.
JAMES STEVENS, (7th child of Jonathan,) and Rhoda Garthwaite had children:
1. Jonathan, who married Miss Baldwin, of Bloomfield, and live in Newark.
2. Phebe is unmarried; lives in Plainfield.
3. Daniel Meeker went to Baltimore, and married there.
4. Sarah lives in New York.
5. William married, 22d Sept. 1823. Susan Moore, daughthr of Isaac, and had children: 1. Mary Jane; 2. Phebe Anne; 3. Sarah Louisa; 4. Elizabeth; 5. Almira; 6 Ellen; 7. William; 8. Harriet; 9. Moses; 10. Susan. [See Moore.]
6. Eliza lives in New York.
7. James Hervy married _____ , and lives in New York.
8. Jane married David N. Ruckman. son of Nathan, and had a son, James Ruckman, and then died.
JACOB STEVENS, (9th child of Jonathan,) and Betsey Miller, had children:
1. Miller, who married Asenath Mayhew, daughter of Joseph, near Cincinnati.
2. Jonathan married Harriet Day, in Delhi, near Cincinnati.
3. William married _____ , and went to Indiana.
4. Hannah married Alexander Stewart; lives in Cincinnati.
6. Eliphalet married Margaret Day, sister of Jonathan's wife.
This page was last modified on: 01 January, 2013
Copyright ©1999-2013 by Brianne Kelly-Bly, all rights reserved.