Source: Family Records or genealogies of the first settlers of Passaic Valley and Vicinity above Chatham, with their ancestors and descendants, as far as could be ascertained in 1851. By John Littell, 1851.
JOSEPH STEWART married Mary, the widow of Samuel Doty; lived in Washington Valley, and had children:
2. Rachel, who married Isaac Smalley, son of John. [See Smalley.]
3. David married Rachel Doty, daughter of the above named Samuel Doty, and sister of Henry Doty.
4. Mary married John Drake, son of Jeremiah.
DAVID STEWART and Rachel Doty had children:
1. Samuel, who died at about 24 years, unmarried.
2. Mary married Ezekiel Decamp, son of Ezekiel, and went to the Lakes.
3. Isaac married Sally Parker, daughter of Gershom.
4. Phebe married Abner Rino, son of John, of Piscataway.
5. Sarah married Lewis Willet, son of Thomas.
6. William Doty, born 1st Oct. 1794, and married Anne Tingley, daughter of Jacob. She died 1st March, 1848.
7. David, Jun., went to Georgia; married Sophia Rise, and died there.
8. Rachel married Michael O'Conner; she soon died.
9. Rhoda married the same Michael O'Conner.
10. Margaret married Aaron Bennet, son of Aaron, of Long Island.
11. Anne married Jacob Wambold, son of Jacob, of Elizabethtown.
12. Eliza married Joel Pangborn, son of Richard, of Plainfield.
WILLIAM D. STEWART and Anne Tingley had children:
1. Abel, who married Abby Totten, daughter of John, son of David.
2. Thirza Shotwell married John Q. Drake, son of Noah.
3. Andrew Jackson married Phebe Frazee, daughter of Gershom.
4. Esther married Elias Wilson, son of James.
5. Anne married John Doty, son of Henry.
6. George married Elizabeth Ogden, an English girl.
8. Joseph Warren.
This page was last modified on: 01 January, 2014
Copyright ©1999-2014 by Brianne Kelly-Bly, all rights reserved.