Source: Family Records or genealogies of the first settlers of Passaic Valley and Vicinity above Chatham, with their ancestors and descendants, as far as could be ascertained in 1851. By John Littell, 1851.
SILAS TITUS had children:
1. Polly, who married David Van Norton, and lives at Bound Brook.
2. Josiah married _____ _____ , and lives up the North River.
3. John married, 1st, Hannah Manning, daughter of Jerry Manning, and lived in Washington Valley. He married, 2d, the widow Rachel Boice.
4. William married Jane Squier, daughter of Thomas, of Livingston. He lived in Passaic Valley, in Warren, and died 4th April, 1848, aged 73 years;
6. Nelly, who died a young woman.
JOHN TITUS, (son of Silas,) and Hannah Manning had children:
1. Isaac, who married Keziah Smalley, daughter of Samuel, and lives in Washington Valley.
2. Sarah. And by his 2d wife, Rachel, had children:
3. John, who married _____ _____ .
4. Rachel married William Reed, son of Kelly Reed.
ISAAC TITUS, (son of John,) and Keziah Smalley, had children:
1. Martha, who married Amos Giddis, son of Jacob, of Washington Valley.
2. Hannah married Philip Winans, son of John, of do.
3. David, who died at about 10 years.
4. Rhoda, who married Israel Moore, son of Isaac, of Mount Bethel.
5. Manning; 6. Samuel; 7. Lewis; 8. William Henry; 9. David 2d, who died at 3 years; 10. Madison; 11. Amanda; 12. Mahlon.
WILLIAM TITUS, (son of Silas,) and Jane Squier had children:
2. Mary, who married Jonathan Cory, son of John, and had children: 1. Elizabeth Cory; 2. Marietta Cory; 3. Phebe Cory; 4. Anne Jane Cory.
3. Phebe married Mr. Brewster.
4. Anne married Isaac C. Allen, son of Daniel. [See Allen.]
5. Charlotte married William Freeman, son of Caleb, of Plainfield, and had children: 1. George Freeman; 2. John Freeman; and they, Charlotte and William, both died.
6. Jennette married Thomas Vail, son of Joel, of Plainfield.
7. William is a baker, in Newark.
8. Caroline married, 1st Nov. 1849, David Smalley, son of David D., Esq. 9. Thomas Squier; 10. George.
This page was last modified on: 01 January, 2013
Copyright ©1999-2013 by Brianne Kelly-Bly, all rights reserved.