Source: Family Records or genealogies of the first settlers of Passaic Valley and Vicinity above Chatham, with their ancestors and descendants, as far as could be ascertained in 1851. By John Littell, 1851.
KENNEDY VANCE lived where Samuel Squier now does. He married Phebe, the widow of Benjamin Pettit, Jun, and daughter of Joseph Potter, [See Pettit and Potter.] She died 9th March, 1793; they had children:
1. Samuel, who was shot dead by the British, 8th June, 1780, aged 20 years, at the battle of Springfield.
2. Nancy, who married Aaron Squier, son of Thomas. [See Squier.]
3. Jane married, 8th July, 1790, Joel Jones. [See Jones.]
4. John, who went to Western New York, and married Eve Rope.
5. Agnes married David Robison, son of William. [See Robison.]
This page was last modified on: 01 January, 2014
Copyright ©1999-2014 by Brianne Kelly-Bly, all rights reserved.