New Jersey County-Township Boundry Maps
Richard Beamer

As taken from "The Castle Genie," Vol. 4, No. 2
Newsletter of The Passaic County Historical Society
Genealogy Club

The County-Township Boundry Maps are intented to provide a guide to the location of various area in the early history of New Jersey. They are not precise.

It would seem a natural extention of the project to show the County-Township lines as of 1857, after the formation of the last county. It is not practical. Most of the townships existing in 1798 were incorporated at that time. Begining in the early 1800’s, many of the City-Town-Village areas were incorporated as separate entities, many called Townships. Thus, an 1857 County-Township Boundry Map would require considerable detail, meaning a huge map.

If such details are needed, refer to the source of the information for these maps: "The Story of New Jersey’s Civil Boundries, 1606-1968," by John P. Snyder, published in 1969 by the Bureau of Geology and Topography, Trenton, NJ.

Copyright ©2000 by The Passaic County Historical Society Genealogy Club. All rights reserved. This site may be freely linked to, and information found on these pages may be used for personal use and by libraries and genealogical societies. Commercial use of this information is strictly prohibited without prior permission. If any pages are copied, this copyright notice must appear with the information.