South River Museum, 2005  

South River Historical & Preservation Society, Inc.

Tabernacle Baptist Church of South River


Join us on Facebook
Join us on Facebook


Sign our Guest Register

 

 

page counter

 

 

front of Tabernacle Baptist Church postcard

 

This brick church replaced the original Tabernacle Baptist Church which was a wooden frame structure located on the corner of Main Street and Jackson Street. The cornerstone was laid in 1907 in the same location as that original building. A new church was built on a corner directly across the street from this one and was dedicated in 1960. The building pictured on this postcard was torn down in 1998.

back of Tabernacle Baptist Church postcard

 

D 14129 Pub. by H. Frank, South River, N.J. [circa 1908]


Sources: South River Historical & Preservation Society, Inc. Commemorative Book in Celebration
of South River's 275th Anniversary, 1720 - 1995.
. South River: South River Historical
& Preservation Society, Inc., 1995.

Postcard from the collection of Stephanie Bartz.