Williamsburg

In 1949 three residential areas adjacent to Hot Springs (now Truth or Consequences) were incorporated into the village of Williamsburg and named after the first mayor, Dr. Thomas B Williams. One week after Hot Springs voted to change its name to Truth or Consequences, the residents of Williamsburg voted to change the name of their community to Hot Springs. Apparently the discarded name did not bring about the desired results, as in 1959 the residents changed the name back to Williamsburg by a vote of 37-18.