The sixth Madonna of the Trial was placed facing the Old Sante Fe Trail in McClellan Park and dedicated on September 27, 1928. Mayor Clyde Tingley and the local DAR representative, Ms. Claude H. Spitzmesser, accepted the statue for the city and the chapter. Harry S. Truman had been scheduled to participate in the dedication but was unable to attend.
The statue was relocated to the southeast corner of Fourth Street and Marble Avenue in downtown Albuquerque when the city of Albuquerque donated the land that McClellan Park occupied to have the U.S. Federal Courthouse built. Following the restoration, a rededication ceremony was held on September 27, 1998. The statue belongs to the city of Albuquerque.
On December 2, 2005, the statue was placed on the State of New Mexico Register of Cultural Properties. The State of New Mexico then applied for and received approval for the statue to be listed on the National Register of Historic Places on March 21, 2006. This is the first of the twelve Madonna of the Trail statues to receive this recognition.
Wreath laying at the 80th Anniversary of the Madonna's installation,
led by NM Honorary State Regent Lanita Rasak and a large group of DAR members.