Re: GEN-NYS-L: Cemetery posting

JohnF14246@aol.com
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 19:19:09 -0500

On 96-02-28 18:16:03 EST Carl Carlsen wrote:

>With all regard to George Peek, he does NOT speak for me. I do
>not appreciate the on-line time it cost, and extra work it caused
>me to download all this crap and have go through and delete all
>the useless messages.
>
>There was NOT ONE thing contained in all this stuff that I could
>use or was interested in. Why not upload it to a library, or post
>the information that she had the information and let those who
>wanted it, receive it?

It is a rare thing when I get involved in a controversy; however, I can't let
this pass. Brenda made a slight error in judgment and has apologized to the
list. As far as I can tell, all she was trying to do was provide information
that might be useful to us in researching our roots. None of us are perfect
... wouldn't a nice note to her have been more effective (which is the
approach I took), rather then criticizing her good intentions to the entire
list.

I hope this thread doesn't continue ... I have seen lists degenerate rapidly
over silly little things such as this.

John Fuller
johnf14246@aol.com