Re: GEN-NYS-L: Wayne or Ontario Co. birth record

Charles Sullivan (cwsulliv@nr.infi.net)
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 22:26:05 -0400

"Jody L. Zorsch" <73754.1314@compuserve.com> wrote:
>Can anyone tell me how I could obtain a birth record for either Wayne of
Ontario
>Co. in 1891?? I've exhausted the town historians files - haven't had any luck
>there.

You say "town historian" for a birth record? It should be on file at the
Registrar of Vital Statistics for the city, town, or village (depending on
locality) where the person died (which is not necessarily where they were
living at the time), or failing that, statewide at the NYS Dept of Health
in Albany. Except in a few cases, birth and death records aren't maintained
at the county level in NY State.

Regards,
Charles Sullivan