Re: GEN-NYS-L: Wayne or Ontario Co. birth record

Charles Sullivan (
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 22:26:05 -0400

"Jody L. Zorsch" <> wrote:
>Can anyone tell me how I could obtain a birth record for either Wayne of
>Co. in 1891?? I've exhausted the town historians files - haven't had any luck

You say "town historian" for a birth record? It should be on file at the
Registrar of Vital Statistics for the city, town, or village (depending on
locality) where the person died (which is not necessarily where they were
living at the time), or failing that, statewide at the NYS Dept of Health
in Albany. Except in a few cases, birth and death records aren't maintained
at the county level in NY State.

Charles Sullivan

Reminders about the GEN-NYS-L mailing list:

GEN-NYS-L Web Page (including archived messages)

This mailing list is only processed twice a day, so postings and
subscription requests may be delayed about 24 hours.

Everyone on the list:
Remove yourself from the list:,
message: unsubscribe gen-nys-l
Human who runs the list: