Re: GEN-NYS-L: Styvesant Falls, Columbia County

Charles Sullivan (cwsulliv@nr.infi.net)
Sun, 02 Jun 1996 08:02:48 -0400

Stuyvesant Falls doesn't seem to be that big a place. SelectPhone has only
342 telephone listings for that community (but no WEAVER/DARBY/DANBY).
The first thing I'd try to do is get a little more info about Annie and
Lizzie by locating them in the censuses; certainly 1900 and 1920 (which
are soundexed), but they shouldn't be that tough to find in 1910 (which
isn't soundexed for NY.)

Both 1900 and 1910 ask number of years married, which may lead you to
a marriage record which would have parents' names. The 1920 US and 1925
NYS census would give you bounds on their dates of death and might lead you
to a death cert, which should also have their parents.

Knowing surname and ages might lead you to a birth certificate if they
were born after 1880, but this will probably be less successful than
finding the marriage or death certs.

As these sisters were 1st cousins to a M"ueller, there's a reasonable
chance their maiden names were M"ueller also.

Regards,
Charles Sullivan