Re: DSN Entry Missing - Help, Please

Dr. Jeffrey L. Lorentz (jlorentz@phoenix.net)
Sun, 20 Oct 1996 11:04:04 -0500

Brenda Hare wrote:

> http://www.ancestry.con/main.htm
>
> Someone kindly gave me the above address, but when I try to use it, I
> keep getting a message something about missing a DSN entry.

Hi Brenda,

That's an *easy* one .... substitute "coM" as in

http://www.ancestry.com/main.htm

and you might also try "htmL" rather than "htm" in case the former
doesn't work, as

http://www.ancestry.com/main.html

I got the message "too many users" so I didn't actually hit the site,
but
at least the DNS (Domain Name Server) entry resolved to an IP (Internet
Protocol)
address, which means Netscape found the location with my spelling.

Regards on a *warm* and *beautiful* late-Summer day in Texas!

-jeff lorentz

--
 | T | Dr. Jeffrey L. Lorentz (jlorentz@phoenix.net)          |   |    |
 | X | http://www.phoenix.net/~jlorentz                       |   |    |
 | S | I wasn't born in TEXAS but got here as soon as I could |