Re: NY State Census

David Roberts (
Tue, 13 May 1997 10:50:16 -0400 (EDT)

It says that NYG&B has [and I assume that means LDS has] on microfilm the
following from Ulster County: 1855, 1865, 1875 and 1905.
Yes, the NYG&B Newsletter, which started in 1990, is a more current info
"newsletter" which comes in addition to the scholarly journal the "NYG&B
Record" as part of your annual membership.
In many ways the Newsletter is even more useful than the "Record" esp. for
things of this nature ... i. e. genealogical sources.

On Sun, 4 May 1997, D & A Klinkenberg wrote:

> David, does that newsletter from NYGBR, Spring 1994, say anything about
> the 1865 and 1875 NYS Census for Ulster County, NY. As far as we know
> here, there were two books of census info, the towns in alphabetical
> order within the two books and the second book of both censusus have
> disappeared. This would include towns such as Woodstock, NY, Wawarsing,
> Saugerties, Shandaken, possibly Rosendale and probably a few others I am
> not remembering at 7:20 am. I have seen the NYGBR quarterlies, but I
> think you are referring to something different when you mention
> "newsletter"
> Thanks Audrey Klinkenberg

Search billions of records on