Re: Medal of Honor Recipients

Kim Harris Myers (estral@vivanet.com)
Thu, 15 May 1997 18:48:11 -0400

At 01:48 PM 5/15/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear List Members,
>
>In researching some information about military men from New York State who
>received our Nation's highest award, I was fortunate in finding a booklet

>Some names of New York State Medal of Honor recipients contained therein are:

http://www.rootsweb.com/~nygenweb/civwarmoh.htm

is a website on the nygenweb page with information on
the NY State Medal of Honor Recipents from the Civil
War (believe it to comprehensive).

A typical entry goes like this:

<P>ALLEN, JAMES</P>

<P>Rank and organization: Private, Company F, 16th New York Infantry. Place and

date: At South Mountain, Md., 14 September 1862. Entered service at: Potsdam,

N.Y. Born: 6 May 1843, Ireland. <A
HREF=http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/mohciv.htm>Read the complete entry.</A></p>

Hope you will stop by and visit it!

Kim Harris Myers <estral@vivanet.com>
http://www.rootsweb.com/~nygenweb/ NYGenweb coordinator
http://www.rootsweb.com/~nycattar/ Cattaraugus County, NY
http://www.rootsweb.com/~idlemhi/ Come visit Lemhi Co, ID
http://www.rootsweb.com/~websites/ Guest page index

Visit NY's Featured County of the Month- Otsego County!
http://www.rootsweb.com/~nyotsego/