Off the Trans Canada, can be reached via a farm road from the Andrew Jessen property on the "old" Addington Forks road. (hidden in the woods) Visible stones date from 1834-1903 ~ mostly MacDonald's.
Afton Road Cemetery
Highway #4, off the Trans Canada Highway
St. Margaret's Roman Catholic Church
Holy Rosary Church & Cemetery
(Highway #337 between Cape George and Livingstone Cove)
Sisters of St. Martha
Bethany, the Motherhouse of the Sisters of St. Martha, is located just past St. Martha's Regional Hospital, on Bay Street, on the route out to the #337.
Turn right off Highway #337. Opposite Cribbens Point, near the shore.
A small cemetery on a steep hill in North Lochaber, very close to Highway #7.
Cape George Cemetery
St. David's United Church (Presbyterian)
(Highway #337 between Ballantyne's Cove and Lakevale)
(Also known as St. James United ~ St. Paul's Anglican Cemetery)
Congregation of St. James - United, St. Paul's Anglican, Baptist, and Presbyterian. The turnoff to Cloverville is just before the sharp left turn on College Street when proceeding from Main Street. The road to the cemetery is just past the railway tracks and the dairy, on the left side
Upper South River along Highway #316.
Along the Old Highway (parallel to the Trans Canada) Designated Provincial Heritage Property; burial place of Bard MacLean, a famous Gaelic poet.
St. George's Roman Catholic Church
(Highway #337, just off Highway #245)
St. Francis De Sales
Along Highway #276, off Highway #316, Exit 35 off the Trans Canada Highway
Paddy's Hollow - Sundial
Right turn off Highway #337
(Highway #4, off Trans Canada Highway, Exit 38)
Highway #337 between Morristown and Cape George, opposite St. Columba Church)
St. Columba Church
(Highway #337 between Morristown and Cape George)
Along Highway #337. Only one stone from the cemetery has survived. Some remains have been transferred to St. Ninian's Cemetery in Antigonish. Several Micmac families from the area had been buried at Lanark.
Lower South River
On private property owned by Mr. T. Landry.
(Highway #4 off the Trans Canada Highway. Located between Tracadie and Havre Boucher)
Along Highway #245 between Knoydart and Lower Barney's River. Private property belonging to John A. and Evelyn MacDonald ( third house on the left past the factory road, when traveling West).
Located at the head of Lochaber Lake, approximately 13 miles South of Antigonish. When approaching the lake, take the first right turn from Highway #7 to the West side
Off the Trans Canada Highway, Exit 35, past St. Andrews, on the road to Caledonia Mills.
St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church
Middle South River
Off the Trans Canada Highway, Exit 35. It is located along Highway #316, near the Antigonish/Guysborough county border
Old Morar Chapel
(Highway #337. It is private property.)
Immaculate Conception Church, St. Mary's Church
On a mountain between Ohio and the Garden of Eden, near the county border.
(Transcription & photos of headstones at Fred Costey's website)
Off Highway #7 on the right side of the lake ~ same side as the Stewart Cemetery proceeding North. Burials range from 1851-1982, and contain the remains of many of the pioneer families.
(A transcription of this cemetery is available on CD for purchase at Antigonish Heritage Museum)
Off Highway #7, past St. Joseph's (unpaved road ~ wooded area)
Located on Main Street in Antigonish, at the rear of the Legion Hall.
On Manchester Road in St. Andrew's (Exit 35 off Trans Canada Highway)
St. Croix Roman
Off the Trans Canada Highway. (Holy Cross)
St. David's United Cemetery
Cape George ~ Highway 337
James Presbyterian (United) Cemetery
Located on the corner of Church Street and Main Street in the town of Antigonish.
St. James United ~ St. Paul's Anglican
(also known as Cloverville Cemetery) Congregation of St. James - United, St. Paul's Anglican, Baptist, and Presbyterian. The turnoff to Cloverville is just before the sharp left turn on College Street when proceeding from Main Street. The road to the cemetery is just past the railway tracks and the dairy, on the left side
Cemetery (A transcription of this cemetery is available on CD for purchase at Antigonish Heritage Museum)
Highway #7 ~ one mile after the Gaspereux Lake turnoff
Matthew's Cemetery, Bayfield
St. Matthew's United Church
St. Ninian's Parish
Just off the Trans Canada Highway as it passes Antigonish. Can be clearly seen from the Highway.
St. Patrick's Catholic Church
Patrick's Cemetery, Merland
St. Patrick's Church
Paul's Cemetery, Havre Boucher
St. Paul's Parish
Peters Catholic Church, Tracadie
Off the Trans Canada Highway ~ Highway #4
South Side Harbour,
Located near the shore in South Side Harbour, off the Trans Canada Highway.
Stewart Cemetery, Lochaber
South Lochaber ~ Off Highway #7 on the right side of the lake
Ann's Church ~ Summerside Cemetery
Off the Trans Canada Highway, turn left at Exit 36
Town Point Cemetery
6 miles outside of Antigonish, along #337. Right turn at Seabright, follow dirt road. Turn right, then left down hill, then right, then left again. There is no signage. Some gravestones are held at Town Hall for safe keeping.
Off the Trans Canada Highway ~ Highway #4.
IMPORTANT ~ many
the cemeteries listed above are on private property. Arrangements
be made beforehand when visiting the cemeteries.