Flows east into George Bay.
BALLANTYNES COVE, Antigonish County
A cove in George Bay and a settlement north of Antigonish.
Named after David Ballentine, a British soldier who had
in the 82nd regiment during the American Revolution and who
received a grant for military service. It is one of the older
settlements in Antigonish County because of the facilities of its
excellent cove and was settled by soldiers and by emigrants from
the highlands after 1800. The school section was first known as
south side Cape George and Alexander McKay was schoolmaster
there in 1831 and William Kelly in 1834.
The population in 1956 was 55.