A settlement SE of Antigonish
Named after the village of Beauly in Inverness-shire, Scotland, on the
side of the River Beauly, which was the market town of the old barons of
Lovat. At one time was known as Manchester Road after the highway which ran
from Halifax to Guysborough town but in 1871 the name was changed to Beauly.
In 1887 the name of part of Beauly was changed to Blacks River. Among the
early settlers were MacDonalds and Frasers.
In 1898 farming was the chief occupation and there was a post office.
population in 1956 was 74.