A brook flowing east into George Bay near the settlement of Cape George,
sometimes called Wilkie Brook.
CAPE GEORGE POINT, Antigonish County
A settlement north of Antigonish also called "Point of Cape".
first grantees were Duncan McDonald, John McDonald, Sr., John McDonald, Jr.,
and Donald Hugh McInnes.
There was a school there in 1827 and Malcolm Campbell was the teacher in 1829.
A postal way office was established in 1863 and in 1898 it had a store,
factory and a church and a population of 550. It was also a fishing and farming
settlement noted for the excellent quality of its lamb and mutton.