A settlement S. W. of Antigonish.
Named because of a large grant of land to the Governors, President and
Fellows of Kings
College at Windsor.
Peter Stewart was teaching thirty-four pupils named Sears, Taylor, McNaughton
Hanophen in this scattered farming settlement in 1848. Then for many years it had no
school, but in 1886 it was reorganized and a school opened for the children in the
district between the rear of Lochaber Lake and East River St. Mary's. The school
was closed in 1956.
COLLEGE LAKE, Antigonish County
A beautiful lake south west of Antigonish, named thus because a large
grant of land
on the shores of the lake was given to the Governors, President and Fellows of Kings
College at Windsor in 1813.