A lake and a settlement south of Antigonish, named because
copper deposits found in the vicinity. It was formerly known as
Polson Lake after William Polson who had a 200 acre grant of land
there in 1828 and a mine was called the Polson Lake mine. A mining
syndicate was prospecting in the area in 1962.
A school section was formed in 1901 between the St. Mary's
municipal line and the Lochaber Chapel Road, the schoolhouse being
built on the north shore of the lake.