A settlement S. W. of Antigonish.
A descriptive name because a settlement, a village store and a school
were built here at the intersection of the roads from each side of the Ohio
River. At one time it was called West River. Early settlers were Angus
McPherson, Angus McGilvray, Angus and John McInnes, Duncan and
School section Stewart's Mills is now consolidated with Cross Roads.
James McPherson was appointed way office keeper in Sept. 1, 1867.
Population in 1956 was 114.