A settlement east of Antigonish.
Known as the "Back Settlement of Harbour Bouche," because it was further
from the harbour until the name was changed to Frankville by the Nova Scotia
Legislature in 1887.
In 1898 it was a farming settlement with a population of 250.
The school district was consolidated with Havre Boucher in 1952.
The population in 1956 was 226.