A settlement north west of Antigonish on Cape George, formerly known
as Cape George Parish. Amont early grantees were families of the surname
Gillis, McDonald, McInnis, McNeil, McPherson and Smith.
A new school house was built at Georgeville in 1869. In 1903 Greendale
school section was consolidated to Georgeville and in 1915 the back
settlement of Cape George was added.
The population in 1956 was 79.
GEORGEVILLE BROOK, Antigonish County
A brook which flows north into Northumberland Strait.