A settlement S. W. of Antigonish.
Named by John MacMillan who settled there with his family about 1810
or perhaps a little earlier, after Glen Alpine and the lakes of Lochaber in
Scotland. Among the early grantees were John and Samuel Cameron,
Angus McDonald, Angus and Duncan Gillis and Angus McIsaac.
In 1848 Angus Cameron was the teacher. It is now part of the North
Lochaber school section.
Thomas Cooper was appointed postal way office keeper on April 1, 1872.
In 1898 it was a farming settlement with a population of 150.