A locality N. W. of Antigonish.
A descriptive name, known as Rear Malignant Cove, then as Greenfield,
the name was so common that it was changed to Greendale by the Legislature
of Nova Scotia in 1886.
Among the grantees were Alexander and Donald Chisholm, Colin McInnis,
Malcolm McNeil and John McKinnon.
The Greenfield school section was separated from Georgeville in 1879
was consolidated again in 1903. The section no longer exists so the locality is
GREENDALE LOCH, Antigonish County
A Leke N.W. of Antigonish near Greendale settlement.