Settlement north east of Antigonish.
So named because it is the centre of the entrance to Antigonish Harbour.
It was included in the grant in 1785 to Lt. Col. Timothy Hierlihy and his
soldiers, where he intended to establish the town of Dorchester.
The population in 1956 was 72.
See also TOWN POINT.
HARBOUR ROAD, Antigonish County
Locality N. E. of Antigonish.
A descriptive term because it was located on the road leading from the
town of Antigonish to the Village of Antigonish Harbour.
In the term of 1847-48 John Sutton was teaching there eighteen scholars
of the surnames Callahan, Grant, McDonald, Madden, Payne, Power and
There was a postal way office there from 1861 to 1867 and A. J. McGillivray
was postmaster in 1868.