A settlement northeast of Antigonish on Georges Bay.
Named after Captain James McDonald an early settler.
In the 19th century vessels came here to load cattle to take to Newfoundland
although there was no wharf and the animals had to be ferried out to the ships.
This cattle trade gradually declined and ended about 1913. In the 1920s it became
a summer colony.