A brook which flows into Georges Bay. It ran through
land granted to Allan,
Angus, Collin, Duncan and Mary Livingstone in 1814.
LIVINGSTONE COVE, Antigonish County
A settlement north of Antigonish and a cove on Northumberland
Named for Malcom Livingston, a native of Argyllshire, Scotland, who came to
Pictou in 1792 with other immigrants brought by Simon Fraser, and who settled
on Cape George about 1800. He received a grant of land there in 1810,
together with his sons John and Allan Livingston. Charles Arbuckles also
received two hundred and fifty acres. John Livingston was postmaster in 1868
and the Cove had been a post way office since 1863. Colin McKenzie was the
master of the school at Livingston's Cove in 1834.