A beach on south shore of Georges Bay at the mouth of
It was named after Samuel Mahoney, who was the first to settle there.
Samuel Mahoney was a corporal in the Nova Scotia Regiment
received a share in the grant to Colonel Timothy Hierlihy in 1784. In
1801 he was petitioning to have some change in his grant because he was
so unfortunate as to get lands which were cut to pieces with plaster of paris pits.