Locality north of Antigonish.
Known as "North Side Cape George" until the name was changed by the
in 1888 in honour of the district of Morar in Inverness-shire, Scotland, from which
many of the settlers came.
Among those first receiving land grants int he area were Donald McLean,
McDonald, Donald McKinnon, Alexander, Donald and Hugh McDonald, Angus
Gillis, Donald McIsaac and John (Ban) McDougald.
There was a school on the "north side Cape George" in 1827 and a new
house was built about 1865.
The first Roman Catholic Church in the parish was located here.
MORAR BROOK, Antigonish County
Flows N.W. into Northumberland Strait.