Settlement S.E. of Antigonish, formerly Rear Fraser's
Grant, it was
named New France because a group of French speaking families
settled among the Scots. Among the Acadians were Bonvie, Boudrot,
Delorey, Gigneau, Melanson and Perault, and among the Scots were
Cameron, Chisholm, Fraser, MacDonalds and McNeils.
The school section of New France was established in 1895
school was closed in 1955 and the section joined to Fraser's Grant
because poor farm land resulted in depopulation.