A locality north of Antigonish
The land is further from the sea in the Cape George district
so it was first
known as the "Back Settlement of Cape George" and then "Rear Georgeville."
Among the first settlers at the "rear of the Cape" were
Donald McDonald of
the Island of Eigg who had been living at East River, Pictou County and his
widowed sister, Mrs. John Ban McDougall. They were joined by Dougall
MacDougall who had served in a Highland regiment during the American
Revolution and by the three MacIsaac Brothers in 1808 and by John Og MacDougall
of Morar, Scotland in 1810 and by the MacLeans from Knoydart, Scotland in 1812.
A new school-house was built about 1865. In 1915
the school district was
consolidated with Georgeville.