A settlement east of Antigonish.
Known as the east side of Pomquet until the name was changed
Legislature of Nova Scotia in 1867.
There was an Indian reservation near Summerside and under
directions of Father Vincent de Paul Merle the Micmacs built a chapel
at Summerside prior to 1838. This church was probably the precursor
of the present St. Anne's Roman Catholic Church which was built in
1867 and is a mission of Heatherton.
The population in 1956 was 163.