A point on the west shore of Antigonish Harbour where
Hierlihy and his soldiers and their families settled in 1784. There the settlers
laid out a town which they named Dorchester in honour of Sir Guy Carleton,
Baron Dorchester, but the town failed to develop because the settlers gradually
moved to more fertile lands at the head of the tide, which became known as
Town point is part of the school district of Harbour Centre.