A post office north of Antigonish, located west of the
settlement of Lakevale.
Known for many years as Lakevale Rear.
Among the early grantees were Benjamin Sterns, Edward
Summers, Benjamin Ogden, George Brown, Ann McGie, and Angus McDonald.
A school section was formed at Rear Lakevale and a school
opened there in
1878. A new school was erected in 1930, but in 1958 the section was consolidated
with Lakevale. See also LAKEVALE