This list was compiled
for the Cumberland County researcher by Sandra Naehrig with
help from Judy O'Brien Burr, Susan Hill and Diane Shaw.
THE CIVIL SWORD James Delancey's Westchester Refugees
by Gerald R. Vincent Cobequid Press
BLOOD ON THE COAL The Story of the Springhill Mining Disasters
by Roger David Brown, Lancelot Press 1976 Windsor, N.S. Not Indexed
Mt. Allison University: CALL NUMBER: TN 311 B7 1976
SPRINGHILL MINE DISASTER, SPRINGHILL, N.S.,1891, by Morrow,
Robert A. H., Published St. John, N.B,  3 Copies at Mt.
Allison University: Bell Room CALL NUMBER: TN 311 M88
THE ALL SAINTS COTTAGE HOSPITAL, SPRINGHILL MINES, NOVA SCOTIA.
by Wilson, W. Charles, c1905] Material: 1 sheet ; 19 cm. Mt. Allison
University: Bell Room CALL NUMBER: RA 983 S7 A4 1905
READING, WRITING AND REMENISCING SPRINGHILL SCHOOLS IN RETROSPECT
by Bertha J. Campbell, 1914 Mt. Allison University: Bell Room
CALL NUMBER: LA 419 S67 C34 1978
1921 INCLUDING OXFORD, PARRSBORO, DIRECTORY, MARITIME DIRECTORY
CO. "DIRECTORY OF AMHERST SPRINGHILL AND CUMBERLAND COUNTY,NOVA
SCOTIA." Halifax c1921. Mt. Allison University: Bell Room
- CALL NUMBER: FC 2349 .A5 A35 BEL -- Not Currently Received
MALAGASH SALT compiled and edited by John R. MacQuarrie
1913- Business records and commerce, history, Publication: North
Cumberland Historical Society, c1981
ENTRIES FROM THE 1795 DIARY OF CAPTAIN JOHN MACDONALD regarding
his inspection of the estates of Lt. Gov. DesBarres, transcribed
by Patricia Winans Orr, DesBarres, Joseph Frederick Wallet , 1721-1824.
The original diary entries are part of the DesBarres papers that
are held by the Public Archives of Canada, Ottawa. They are part
of MG 23, F1, Series 2 and can be found on microfilm reel C-1455."-Introd.
Contents: pt. 1. The estates of Menudie [i.e. Minudie] or the
Elysian Fields and Mac[c]an and Nap[p]an [Nova Scotia] -- pt.
2. The estate of Tat[a]magouche [Nova Scotia]. Each part has an
GILBERT SEAMAN DIARY 1875-1885 published by the Amherst
Township Historical Society in 1988, Edited by Susan (Christie)
Hill. Gilbert Seaman was the son of Amos (King) Seaman the Minudie
entrepreneur. Gilbert operated the Lower Cove quarries as well
as other interests of the Seamans including the Minudie Coal Mining
Co. as well as being one of the forces behind the Joggins Railway.
This book is a copy of his personal diary from 1875- 1885.
Other Book pages:
Cumberland County Families