Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

This monument sits on the front grounds of St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church in Bridgewater.

St. Joseph's R.C. monument   St. Joseph's R.C. monument

FIRST CHAPEL
THESE STONES TAKEN FROM
THE FOUNDATION OF THE
"TOBIN HOUSE" LOCATED ON
VICTORIA ROAD AT BAKER
STREET, ARE DEDICATED TO
THE MEMORY OF THOSE
CATHOLICS WHO WORSHIPPED
THERE.
OWNED BY JOHN AND MARY
TOBIN, A CHAPEL IN THE HOUSE
WAS THE FIRST PLACE
OF WORSHIP FOR
CATHOLICS IN BRIDGEWATER
AND WAS USED OVER 30 YEARS
PRIOR TO THE BUILDING OF
ST. JOSEPH'S CHURCH IN 1889.