Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

This large monument, constructed of grey granite, is in the manner of an classic temple. It is semicircular with four columns. The monument is located at the head of King Street beside the town hall and was dedicated November 11, 1948. On the edges of the top band are engraved the General Service crest, left, and the Town of Lunenburg crest, right. On the face is "THEIR NAME LIVETH FOREVERMORE". On the edges of the base are engraved 1939, left and 1945, right. A stone engraved with "Korea 1950- 1953" has been placed as an addition on the base at the front of the monument.
The honour roll scroll tablet is placed almost flat on the base between the second and third columns (see names below).

Lunenburg World War II - Korean War monument

THEIR NAME LIVETH FOREVERMORE

WARREN G. ALLEN
HARRY MURPHY
ROBERT E. BAKER
CHARLES T. MACINTOSH
MOYLE BECK
EDGAR F. OXNER
CLYDE W. BYERS
LEO REGAN
ELWARD CONRAD
CHARLES A. RITCEY
HECTOR N. CONRAD
HARRY SCHNARE
J. GILBERT COOPER
GERALD H. SMITH
MOYLE H. CROFT
HORACE M. SMITH
DONALD R. CROUSE
J. AUBREY SMITH
HUBERT R. HEBB
ROSEVILLE ST. C. SMITH
HENRY H. HERMAN
GERALD S. WHYNACHT
FRED KNICKLE
ROY A. YOUNG