|Home||Cemeteries||Did You Know?||Find Us||For Sale|
|Open Hours||Places of worship||Research Lines||Schools||Where is This?|
|Who is This?|
Ed Jordan, co-chairman of the Restoration Committee, was kind enough to take time out in order to give the webmaster a hard-hat tour of the interior of the church.
The white appearing in the photographs is not snow - white tarpaulins, primarily, have been put in place as a temporary protection against the weather. There are also pieces of clear poly blowing around in some of the images.
As a comparison, see the images at November 2 and a couple of days after. Evident below is the massive amount of clean-up that has been done over the last few weeks, mostly by volunteers.
Click on photographs to go to larger images.
note marble plaques
down north side aisle.
looking northwest to
Cornwallis & Townsend
parish hall at left
and walkway on Duke St.
from Cumberland St.
on Cumberland St..
Photographs of the church before, during and after the fire:
November 1, 2001 - The Burning
November 2, 2001 - The Aftermath
The interior after the burning - November 2001
The interior clean up progress - December 7, 2001 and December 28, 2001
The exterior encapsulation progress - January 16, 2002, January 23 - 27, 2002, January 31, 2002, February 7 - 15, 2002 and February 23 - March 2, 2002
The restoration of the altar
The exterior before
The interior before
The interior Christmas 1991
"Simon Birch" 1997
Canadian Heritage Minister, Sheila Copps, commits financial assistance at parish hall meeting November 16, 2001
Photograph of Solomon Morash, master builder in charge of the 1892 changes
A Short History of St. John's Anglican Church
People buried under the Church 1761 - 1826
Anglican Diocese of Nova Scotia Historical and Architectural Survey and relevant Links
The Commemoration of St. John's Anglican Church as a National Historic Site October 11, 1998
Interesting Facts & Figures about St. John's