Exchanged and purchased magazines are held in our Family History area at Springwood Library. Magazines may only be borrowed by members. See the volunteer on duty.
An index of the main articles in these magazines and journals are contained in a series of index books placed on the main desk in the Library. It is in 5 parts - all to 2003 (over 5000 entries) and from magazines dated from January 2004 to December 2006 (6000 entries). Part 3 indexes the main items and articles from 2007 and 2008, Part 4 has those from 2009 and 2010 and 2011-2012 are contained in Part 5.
The recently arrived magazines and journals are displayed at each monthly meeting for members to borrow.
Note - lack of space limits the long term storage of some magazines and journals. Only the last two years are held on the Library shelves. Many previous issues are held in the Societies Archive and are not held at the Springwood Library. Please request the issue required with the volunteer on duty and arrangements wil be made to retrieve it from the archive. Please allow a minimum of two days for this to occur. If you are interested in any issue no longer held, please contact the owner Society directly.
The Blue Mountains Family History Society
holds some magazines of the following Australian Societies. Some Societies have ceased issuing paper copies and relying on the Internet whilst others now only email a Newsletter. These electronic issues are not available and are not Indexed.
- Armidale Family History Group inc.
- Bega Valley Genealogical Society inc.
- Blacktown & District Historical Society
- Blue Mountains Historical Society
- Blue Mountains Association of Cultural and Heritage Organisations (BMACHO)
- Botany Bay Family History Society
- Burwood & District Family History Group
- Caloundra Family History Research Inc.
- Camden Area Family History Society inc.
- Campbelltown Family History Society
- Canterbury Genealogy Discussion Group
- Cape Banks Family History Society
- Casino & District Family History Society
- Central Coast Family History Group inc.
- Central Queensland Family History Group inc.
- Coonamble Family History Group
- Cowra Family History Group
- Darling Downs Famiy History Group
- Dubbo & District Family History Society
- Family History Association of North Queensland
- Genealogical Society of Northern Territory
- Genealogical Society of Tasmania inc.
- Gold Coast & Albert Genealogical Society
- Goulburn District Family History Society
- HAGSOC inc. (Canberra ACT)
- Hawkesbury Family History Group
- Hurstville Family History Society
- Illawarra Family History Group
- Inverell & District Family History Group
- Ipswich Genealogical Society
- Kiama Ancestral Research Society
- Leeton Family History Society inc.
- Lithgow & District Family History Society
- Liverpool & District Family History Society
- Maitland Family History Circle inc.
- Manning-Wallamba Family History Society
- Nepean Family History Society
- Newcastle Family History Society
- Orange Family History Group
- Parramatta & District Family History Society
- Port Macquarie & District Family History Society
- Port Stephens Family History Society
- Queensland Family History Society
- Ryde Historical Society
- Shoalhaven Family History Society
- Society of Australian Genealogists
- South Australia Genealogy & Heraldry Group
- Swan Hill Genealogical & Historical Society inc.
- Tamworth & District Family History Group
- The Genealogical Society of Victoria
- The Royal Australian Historical Society
- Wagga Wagga & District Family History Society inc.
- Wendish Heritage Society
- Wyalong District Family History Group
- Wyong Family History group
- Young & District Family History Group
In addition our magazine, The Explorers' Tree, is sent to:
- Blue Mountains City Council
- Blue Mountains City Council Library
- Centre for Community History - University of New South Wales
- National Library of Australia
- New South Wales Parliamentary Library
- Penrith City Library
- University of Sydney Library
We have exchanged magzines with the following overseas societies and some copies of these are available. Many of these Societies have converted to electronic delivery and hence we no longer have them available or indexed.
- Cleveland, North Yorkshie & South Durham Family History
- Cornwall Family History Society
- Federation of Family History Societies
- G.R.Specialists Information Service
- London & North Middlesex Family History Society
- Ormskirk Family History Society
- Oxfordshire Family History Society
- Suffolk Family History Society
- The Society of Genealogists
- Ulster Historical Foundation
The Society holds some issues of overseas commercial publcations
including Family Tree Magazine, Family Tree Monthly, Irish Roots
etc., donated by members.
Please note: List last updated 28th January 2006.