Sarah NETHERY 226
- Born: 28 Jan 1814, Magheraculmoney, FER 152
- Marriage: James EMERY on 15 Sep 1836 in Ardess, Co. Fermanagh, NIR
- Died: 4 May 1872, Kiama, NSW at age 58 226
- Buried: 6 May 1872, Kiama Meth Cemetery, NSW 152
On arrival, Sarah gave her age as 24 on January 28th, 1838 and James gave
his age as 25 in January 1838. However, this is believed to have been an
understatement on Sarah's part, so that she would not appear to be older
than her husband.
All the evidence we have points to her being baptised in February 1810,
which suggests a date of birth of January 28th, 1810. This is consistent
with later documentation (for instance, on Sarah's DC, James states she
was aged "about 26" when they married in 1836).
Noted events in her life were:
• Shipping: Arrived Sydney per "FAIRLIE", 6 Dec 1838.
Sarah married James EMERY, son of William EMERY and Isabella NETHERY, on 15 Sep 1836 in Ardess, Co. Fermanagh, NIR. (James EMERY was baptised on 3 Feb 1811 in Edenclaw, FER, died on 26 May 1880 in Kiama, NSW and was buried on 27 May 1880 in Kiama CofE Cemetery, NSW.)