|Welcome to the
Carson City County,
Genealogy and History
NEVADA STATE MARKERS
"Originally Ormsby Co. Nevada"
Proud of the past
..confident of the future
NEVADA "Battle Born"
Your Carson City County Coordinator
The following information is from the book, "A Guidebook to Nevada's
Published by the State Printing Office of Nevada! (2nd edition, 2000)
The Historical Marker Program is a cooperative effort involving the State Historic Preservations Office, Silver State Industries of the Northern Nevada Correctional Center, which constructed many of the markers, the Nevada Historical Society, which reviews proposed Marker Texts and the Nevada Department of Transportation, which installs the markers. The Nevada State Legislature has been extremely supportive of this program. Recently the Commission on Tourism has provided funding for the program, and the Department of Transportation has also generously made funds available for markers along highways. State Printing reproduced the booklet.
The text on the markers can be found in a book by Dave Basso,
"Nevada Historical Marker Guidebook", which can be found in most book stores.
|1. Empire and The Carson River Mills, U.S. 50 4
miles east of the intersection of US 50 and US 395
25. Nevada Capitol Building, center of Carson City on US 395 and Musser St.
44. Carson City Capitol grounds, No. Carson St. at Musser
70. Bliss Mansion, Mountain St. at Robinson St.
71. Methodist Church of Carson City, Division St. at Musser St.
72. Nevada Children's Home, On Stewart St. near 5th st.
75. Government Building, No. Carson St. at Spear St.
76 Eagle Valley, In Ross Gold Park, Appion Way at California St.
77. Dat So La Lee, North side of Snyder Ave. at Stewart Cemetery Entrance
78. Orion Clemens House, 502 N. Division St.
91. Stewart Indian School, Snyder Ave in front of Indian School
134. Pioneer Transierran Flight, US 50 3 miles east of US 395 and US 50
175. Stewart-Nye Residence, King St. at Minnesota St.
179. First Flight over Nevada, On US 395, 3 miles north of US 395 and US 50
180. Warm Springs Hotel, East 5th st, state prison
181. Washo Indians, US 50, 5 miles east of Spooner Summit
193. Carson Tahoe Lumber Co, US 395 at Stewart St.
194. Matt Gardener's Home, US 395
196. United States Mint, State Museum, Carson and Robinson St.
213. Lakeview, US 395 northbound at Lakeview Grade Summit
235. Camp Nye, Kings Canyon Rd., 2 miles west of State Capitol Buildng.
243. Corbett-Fitzsimmons Fight, SE corner of Harbin and Musser St. in front of the CC Public Safety complex
250. State Printing Office, 100 N. Stewart St. in rear of building in courtyard
252. Rinckel Mansion, 102 N. Curry St.
258. Charles W. Friend House, Observatory, and Weather Station, Corner of N. Stewart and E. King across from the NV State Library and Archives Building
This site is a part of the USGenWeb Project
|Visit the USGenWeb|
USGenweb notice :
In keeping with our policy of providing free Information on the Internet, data may be used by non-commercial entities, as long as this message remains on all copied material. These electronic pages may NOT be reproduced in any format for profit or for presentation by other persons or organizations. Files may be printed or copied for Personal use only. Persons or organizations desiring to use this material for purposes other than stated above must obtain the written consent of the file contributor or copyright holder.
In God We Trust !
This page is maintained for the NVGenWeb / USGenWeb Project by:
You are the
to this page
Webspace provided by:
Page created 11/17/2003.
This page was Last Modified
Saturday, 27-Nov-2010 17:16:42 MST
Copyright © 2003-2011 by:
William A. "Bill" Cook,
Carson City, (Ormsby) County,
Coordinator and webmaster