CLARK COUNTY NEVADA GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY
Bill has been a genealogical lecturer since 1985 and has conducted seminar programs for over 60 genealogical societies and national conventions . He has received many awards for his expertise from states and national associations.
Bill writes feature articles and edits the Genealogy Bulletin, a bi-monthly magazine he founded in 1984. In addition, he is often engaged to write feature articles for Heritage Quest. He has written over 60 magazine articles relating to genealogical research. He is the author of eight books. His latest book is U.S. and Canadian Census Records: A Genealogist’s Guide to Census Facts, Schedules, and Indexes
He will have many publications available including: Getting Started in Genealogy ONLINE, 64 pages, softbound ($14.50); Managing a Genealogical Project, 98 pages, softbound ($20.50); Online Resources for Finding Living Relatives: A Genealogists’ Insta-GuideTM, 4 pages ($7.95); Dollarhide’s Rules & Dafferns’ Laws: A Genealogists’ Insta-GuideTM, 4 pages ($7.95);
Genealogical Resources of the Civil War Era, 203 pages, softbound ($32.95); Find the Place – Find a Newspaper, GB No. 59 ($4.95). Other titles will be available.
1. You Know About Census Records But What About Census Substitutes? A census is often considered a genealogist’s main name list, but there are census substitutes that accomplish the same thing. This lecture identifies many more important
lists and records.
2. Using Deeds to Trace the Trails of Your Ancestors. This lecture includes details about an actual case where an ancestor was found in deed records and nowhere else.
3. Finding Living Relatives Online. This lecture identifies the most important websites devoted to finding living people, including those for the U.S. as well as the main International look-up sites.
4. Dollarhide’s Five Rules. Following these rules may change what is important, may reveal what type of records you need to gather at the onset of the project, and may cause you to reorganize your notes and documents to publish your work. This
lecture is not to be missed!
In Addition. . .
* VALUABLE DOOR PRIZES—Will be awarded at 3:00 p.m. Don't miss this! You must be present!
* LUNCH—A delicious hot lunch will be offered at lunchtime.
* BOOK SALES—Bill Dollarhide will have numerous titles of his extensive book collection available for purchase and autographing. Cash or check acceptable only. In addition, from Saturday (03/21/2015) to Monday (03/23/2015 midnight)
Family Roots Publishing (www.familyrootspublishing.com) will offer an additional 10% Seminar discount on Bill DOLLARHIDE’s book and e-book publications with a special code given to attendees at the Seminar.
* ACCOMMODATIONS—For accommodations at the Orleans Hotel and Casino:
phone: 702-365-7111; website: http://www.orleanscasino.com/